[Openstack-operators] rbd ephemeral storage, very slow deleting...

Sam Morrison sorrison at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 02:17:17 UTC 2014

There was a bug in Havana where it would create the underlying RBD volume at 1024 times the actual size. We didn’t notice this until we started deleting instances and they took forever.
Could be the case with you too?

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nova/+bug/1219658
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I3ec53b3617d52f75784ebb3b0dad92ca815f8876,n,z

I don’t think this made it into Havana sadly.

Sam