[Openstack-operators] Openstack and mysql galera with haproxy

Sławek Kapłoński slawek at kaplonski.pl
Thu Sep 18 16:29:27 UTC 2014

Hello,

Is anyone here using openstack with mysql galera and haproxy? Have You got any
problems with that?
I was today installed such ha infra for database (two mysql servers in galera
cluster and haproxy on controller and neutron node, this haproxy is connecting
to one of galera servers with round robin algorithm). Generally all is working
fine but I have few problems:
1. I have a lot of messages like:
WARNING neutron.openstack.common.db.sqlalchemy.session [-] Got mysql server
has gone away: (2006, 'MySQL server has gone away')
2. I have (most on neutron) many errors like:
OperationalError: (OperationalError) (2013, 'Lost connection to MySQL server
during query') 'UPDATE ml2_port_bindings SET vif_type=%s, driver=%s,
segment=%s WHERE ml2_port_bindings.port_id =
3. Also errors:
StaleDataError: UPDATE statement on table 'ports' expected to update 1 row(s);
0 were matched.
4. and errors:
DBDeadlock: (OperationalError) (1213, 'Deadlock found when trying to get lock;
try restarting transaction') 'UPDATE ipavailabilityranges SET first_ip=%s WHERE
ipavailabilityranges.allocation_pool_id =

Sql queries in examples are "accidental" and same problem is with other
queries also (like deleting ports).
Strange think is that those problems are not happend when I have one mysql
server and all was connecting to that one server. Do You have maybe same
problems? Do You know what can be a reason and solution for it?

---
Best regards
Sławek Kapłoński
slawek at kaplonski.pl