[Openstack-operators] Kernel and KVM version

Abel Lopez alopgeek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 17:38:56 UTC 2014

It’s been a long time since I saw that, but I had a similar issue.
IIRC, the kernel you’re running has a bug in iSCSI, fixed in the 3.8.0-35 version
What we experienced (in Ubuntu 12.04) was when a user would detach a cinder volume, the compute node would KP.
Kernel upgrade fixed it.
I’m not 100% certain that is your issue, but you may be looking at a maintenance window and a kernel package upgrade.