[Openstack-operators] Hypervisor free memory recommendations

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 17:26:39 UTC 2014

There's not really any need for 10% in my experience. Giving dom0/bare
metal around 3-4GB is perfectly fine for the vast majority of scenarios,
even when there's a hundred or more VMs on the box. Most compute node
server hardware nowadays should have 128-512GB of RAM available, and 4GB
for the host is more than enough.

-jay