[Openstack-operators] Database cleanup policy

Abel Lopez alopgeek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 20:20:32 UTC 2014

We just had this question come up regarding the labs, but it applies to production as well.

I'm thinking that we need to implement some sort of periodic database pruning. Perhaps like every two months or so, go through all databases, all tables, and do like

delete from FOO where deleted=1 and deleted_at < date_sub(now(), interval 2 month)

Just as an example.

Does anyone have see any issues with purging deleted=1 data?
I've seen this be very helpful for things like Keystone tokens, etc.