[Openstack-operators] state of gpu processing / passthrough

Simon Pasquier spasquier at mirantis.com
Thu Oct 16 15:34:51 UTC 2014

Hello Joe,

Yes GPU passthrough is implemented with Xen [1] and it works with NVIDIA.
I've copied Guillaume that developed and tested the feature for the XLcloud
project, he may be able to provide more details. Bob Ball from Citrix even
made a blog post about it [2].

I know that at the time being, Guillaume had difficulties to do GPU
passthrough with NVIDIA cards and libvirt/KVM. This may have changed though.

BR,
Simon

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/pci-passthrough-xenapi
[2]