[Openstack-operators] Ops Meetup to return in Paris - your ideas wanted!

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Fri Oct 3 06:12:10 UTC 2014

All,

Your user committee is pleased to report that the ops meetup will return
in Paris - at even larger scale!

Recall that this is in addition to the operations (and other) track's
presentations. It's aimed at giving us a design-summit-style place to
congregate, swap best practices, ideas and give feedback.

The biggest feedback we had regarding the organisation of these events
so far is that you want to see direct action happen as a result of our
discussions. To make that reality we're getting developers more involved
and also forming a number of working groups to take concrete steps on a
specific topic.

We had some great success with this in San Antonio a few months back,
and so this time we're hoping to *make every session actionable and have
a definable result*.

To do this, we need your help. Please propose session ideas on:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PAR-ops-meetup

ensuring you read the new instructions :)

This time we have not one, but two big rooms on the Monday, and some
smaller rooms on Thursday. The Monday sessions are aimed at interactive
planning discussions, where the Thursday are for working groups in
specific areas. We're seeking suggestions from all areas - ops folk,
those using clouds, or those who are OpenStack contributors.

>From here, the user committee will collate the suggestions and propose
an agenda.

Here for any questions you might have :)

Regards,

Tom

on behalf of the OpenStack User Committee