[Openstack-operators] cannot find rebuild instance notifications in message queue

Alex Leonhardt aleonhardt.py at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 10:50:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

so I found how to plug into it - one needs to add a routing key to

queue: notification.info

from

bind the following:

topic/exchange: nova
routing key: compute.#

the # is a lazy wildcard matching 0 or more words - you can also use * but
that only matches at most 1 word ;) ... otherwise you'll need to plug into
the queue for every hypervisor - and you dont want to need to do that :)

--

The json payload is a bit weird, it's like a json encapsulating json :

{"oslo.message": "{\"_context_roles\": [\"_member_\"], .... ,
"oslo.version": "2.0"}

Hope it helps someone!
Alex