[Openstack-operators] Fwd: [openstack-dev] [all] config options not correctly deprecated

Simon Pasquier spasquier at mirantis.com
Fri Nov 14 09:50:49 UTC 2014

Hello,
For those who aren't scrutinizing the openstack-dev mailing list, Derek
Higgins from the TripleO team found an "interesting" behavior in
oslo.config: it doesn't log warnings when deprecated options are used [1].
I'm pretty sure that at some point, deprecated options used to be logged
but apparently the switch to oslo.config removed that.
The general policy in OpenStack is to remove deprecated options after just
1 cycle so you should be very careful checking your configuration files
against the documentation [2] before upgrading.
Finally a bug [3] has been opened against oslo.config to log a warning
every time a deprecated option is found. I've added the 'ops' tag to it as
it is likely that operators would love to see happen.
BR,
Simon
[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-November/050036.html