[Openstack-operators] Proposal for an 'Operations' project

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Mon Nov 10 19:01:00 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-10 1:24 PM, matt wrote:
> My fear with the github is that people will just donate code in a fire
> and forget fashion... this will generate a poorly maintained repo in
> which finding useful actively maintained contributions may become difficult.
>
> So my concerns lie in ensuring that anyone who contributes to this
> effort is committing to supporting their code for some length of time,
> and that there are maintainers committing to cleaning out the repos and
> being good code janitors.

I totally agree with you Matt.

I do not and will never deploy from https://github.com/osops
repositories. My scripts are maintained in a private repository and I
guess other people are more or less doing the same.

I fear that people contributing scripts to osops/* will forget about
them and scripts will go stalled over time.

A page referring to existing and maintained public repositories would be
a better way to share those resources IMO.

Examples of existing repositories which I suspect won't be copied to
osops repository:

* https://github.com/krislindgren/openstack-logstash/tree/master
*
https://github.com/openstack-infra/system-config/blob/master/modules/openstack_project/templates/logstash/indexer.conf.erb