[Openstack-operators] Ceph Implementations

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Mon Nov 10 13:56:34 UTC 2014

>> We tried installing Ceph on CentOS 6 (storage nodes and nova nodes) but discovered
>> that the kernel that is included in RDO (for nova) doesn’t include rbd support in qemu-img

>You shouldn't need a special kernel unless you're going to do things like try to mount an rbd image directly ...
> What you do  need are the qemu-kvm and qemu-img packages from the ceph-extras repo

Last time I checked those were pretty out of date.
You can use recent RHEV packages with ceph support:

Get the latest qemu-kvm-rhev source package here:
http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/RHEV/SRPMS/

Build the rpm, install and install librbd1 package
You need to link the so file for it to work:
ln -s /usr/lib64/librbd.so.1  /usr/lib64/qemu/librbd.so.1

Cheers.
Robert van Leeuwen