[Openstack-operators] Can't ping instance outside of network namespace

Ian S. McBride ian.s.mcb at gmail.com
Fri May 30 03:50:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

Could someone share with me some advice on how to troubleshoot a broken neutron config?

I have an instance that is unreachable outside of the "qdhcp" network namespace, even though it has been assigned a floating IP address on an external network. Also, when I do a "ip a" on the "qrouter" network namespace, only a loopback device is displayed.

I am using the Icehouse release with the GRE ML2 plugin for Neutron. My setup consists of two nodes (one controller/network node and one compute node), and I used RDO/packstack to install everything.

~Ian

Ian S. McBride