[Openstack-operators] Can't reboot instance because the source Image was deleted - Grizzly - Ubuntu 12.04

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed May 28 18:23:54 UTC 2014

On 05/27/2014 04:07 PM, George Shuklin wrote:
> Em... I think it's not bug. May be some kind of inconvenience,  and
> better error logging is always welcome, but error message is correct:
> image is not found. Not in glance, but inside of nova internals.
>
> For everyone, who know how nova works it perfectly clear. For new users
> is unclear, but this is 'wishlist', not a bug.

I disagree.  This is not a clear error message:

"Cannot reboot instance: Image 39baad54-6ce1-4f42-b431-1bac4fd6df28
could not be found."

There are two things that should be added to the error log:

1) Who was looking for the image?  (glance, nova, libvirt, qemu, etc.)
2) Where were they looking for it?  What specific file (including path)
cannot be found?

Chris