[Openstack-operators] Installing Openstack IceHouse by RDO. Cinder database in empty.

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Mon May 19 08:44:27 UTC 2014

On 19 May 2014 10:27, 苌智 <changzhi1990 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed Openstack IceHouse followed by
> http://openstack.redhat.com/Quickstart. There is no error message when I
> run "packstack --allinone". But the database of cinder is empty
> mysql> use cinder
> Database changed
> mysql> show tables;
> Empty set (0.00 sec)
> Could someone gives me some advice? Thanks a lot.

While I'm not familiar with how packstack does things, it would appear that
'cinder-manage db sync' either didn't run, or failed. For the manual steps
to get cinder running, see
http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/install-guide/install/yum/content/cinder-controller.html

I would recommend checking whether anything in the process was left out,
considering that step 4 appears to have not happened.