[Openstack-operators] How to boot cinder Volume in openstack

Abel Lopez alopgeek at gmail.com
Wed May 14 05:17:12 UTC 2014

You'll want to check out
http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/boot_from_volume.html as there
are a couple of different scenarios. I've been able to create volumes from
images, and use them to boot, and to create a new instance off an image,
and boot off a volume.
The amount of ram required is not dependant on the size of the image being
booted, just depends on what you intend to do with the instance.