[Openstack-operators] A Hypervisor supporting containers

erkan yanar erkan.yanar at linsenraum.de
Wed May 7 05:00:16 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 01, 2014 at 11:39:38AM -0400, Eric Windisch wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 7:59 PM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, the matrix is trying to day that lxc under libvirt is not well
> > tested. I don't think there are any plans to remove it... Its much
> > more likely we'll fix the testing than remove that code.
> >
> > The biggest problem here is that no one is really actively working on
> > container support.
> >

> That's not true, is it? Much of the effort just happens to live in
> stackforge right now. There are arguments that that work, by virtue of
> being in Stackforge, isn't "valid" or subsequently, "doesn't exist", I've
> heard such arguments in the past... but it doesn't invalidate the fact that
> there is legitimate work and effort toward containers (and Docker) in
> OpenStack.
>
> Also, it isn't just me. The Docker driver (now in Stackforge) seems to have
> 6-10 active contributors. Missing features such as Neutron support have
> been added. A multi-contributor effort to gate with Tempest is now in force.
>
> I agree the dedicated containers API / service has had limited traction.
> The proposal to discuss this during the summit was rejected. Unfortunately,
> the unconference track was removed, but several of the interested parties
> have discussed organizing a less formal meeting co-located with the
> conference.

Do you know where discuss nova-docker?
The documentation on how to make it work (icehouse) is sparse.
Providing user-data is ignored.
So deploying images with a fixed CMD/Entrypoint work but I cant configure them.

Wouldn't it be a nice improvement to allow bugs/issues on github?

Regards
Erkan

--
über den grenzen muß die freiheit wohl wolkenlos sein