[Openstack-operators] Neutron + dnsmasq setup

John Dewey john at dewey.ws
Tue Mar 25 01:45:07 UTC 2014

If you are using neutron with overlapping IPs, you will run into problems where tenants can modify another tenants address (overlapping IPs).  We are planning to use designate where tenants manage f/rDNS for floating IPs, and remain using dnsmasq in the tenants dhcp-agent’s network namespace.

When I was at AT&T we locally patched neutron to use the name passed to `nova boot`.  This is rather hackish.  I believe there are a few bugs open RE this/your issue.  Here is one such report [1].

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1175211

John