[Openstack-operators] Glance notification driver

Koert van der Veer koert at cloudvps.com
Tue Mar 4 12:12:34 UTC 2014

>From the glance example configuration:

# Notifications can be sent when images are create, updated or deleted.
# There are three methods of sending notifications, logging (via the
# log_file directive), rabbit (via a rabbitmq queue), qpid (via a Qpid
# message queue), or noop (no notifications sent, the default)
# NOTE: THIS CONFIGURATION OPTION HAS BEEN DEPRECATED IN FAVOR OF
`notification_driver`
notifier_strategy = noop

Apparently the notifier_strategy configuration has been deprecated, but
I can't seem to find any documentation about it's replacement.
Documentation doesn't reflect the source's notion of deprecation. I
cannot find any configuration examples that actually configure
notification_driver in glance, and the examples I found relating to nova
and cinder don't apply to glance. The source code isn't much help
either: the code that deals with notifier_strategy doesn't touch
notification_driver.

I'm really at a loss. Has notification_strategy actually been
deprecated? If so, how should I convert the online examples that use it,
to working, non-deprecated configuration?