[Openstack-operators] qpid vs rabbitmq

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Sun Jun 29 23:29:48 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Alex Leonhardt" <aleonhardt.py at gmail.com>
> To: "JuanFra Rodriguez Cardoso" <juanfra.rodriguez.cardoso at gmail.com>
>
> Hi Juan,
>
> I checked these docs
> http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/install-guide/install/yum/content/basics-queue.html
> and it seems to prefer/refer to qpid though.
>
> Alex

The versions in trunk [1] were updated to refer to RabbitMQ based on a discussion we (members of the documentation program) had at summit about ensuring consistency of the guide across distributions and simplifying maintenance. The Icehouse-based RDO and RHELOSP distributions support both RabbitMQ and Qpid though.

Thanks,

Steve

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/install-guide/install/yum/content/basics-queue.html