[Openstack-operators] [TripleO] last call for spec input: Cinder HA

David Gurtner aldavud at crimson.ch
Tue Jul 29 08:43:22 UTC 2014

Hi Rob

Thank you for sharing this to gather additional input. I hope more
operators are going to read through this spec to provide input,
because to be honest I think this is going in the wrong direction. And
I would like to see if other operators feel different.

My main gripe is that the proposal focuses more on how to deploy
Storage (specifically Ceph) with TripleO and the actual HA part of
Cinder services comes as an afterthought: only a workaround is
suggested, and it is even advertised as such.

While I see how controlling storage deployment fits into the overall
story of TripleO, I do not think this is representative of production
environments. Most organisations will have different admins/teams
responsible for Cloud and Storage operation, therefore this solution
seems like a bad fit. All in all I think this spec allows for some
fancy demos, but is not applicable for production deployments.

Thank you for considering this feedback.

Cheers,
David

We're working on Cinder HA - its a pretty vanilla design, but operator
feedback is always welcome - I think we're approximately at consensus
on this, so if you have any thoughts please add them soon!.

https://review.openstack.org/101237

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>