[Openstack-operators] ovs->ml2 migration issues during icehouse upgrade

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Thu Jul 24 16:40:16 UTC 2014

Hi Mathieu,

Good questions and I've been trying to think of some sort of answers that
are even slightly helpful. Unfortunately when I test these things in
lab/sandbox environments, I tend to do things that end up being more like
duct tape than an acceptable solution for wide adoption.

I think Puppet should attempt to do what would be the result of any fixed
packaging bugs. If linuxbridge follows suit with OVS, then create a
symlink. And also make sure the init script is correct. As Jon says, it
really doesn't matter what the ini files are called as long as they are
specified in the init script, but consistency is always a good thing.

Regarding the contents of the ini files, it seems that there are pre-ML2
options that should be specified in various config files in order to get
things working. I think just making sure that all correct settings are
specified in an ini file (regardless of what ini file, as long as it's in
the init script) should be good.

However, I think we're all in a situation where we don't even know what the
right set of settings should be...

I apologize, but that probably doesn't help at all. :/