[Openstack-operators] Compute nodes reboot periodically by their own

Arne Wiebalck Arne.Wiebalck at cern.ch
Thu Jul 24 16:30:53 UTC 2014

Oops, I apparently wasn't reading carefully enough and mixed your issue with hosts and mine with guests.

Sorry for the noise!
Arne

Am 24.07.2014 17:42 schrieb Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch>:

If it is the hypervisors rebooting, a possible scenario would be if you have a BMC and enabled watchdog. This will reboot the server if it does not call home to the BMC every 'n' seconds.

If you have a very busy hypervisor, you may need to tune the watchdog timeout.

I suspect something would be logged in the BMC ipmi sel logs but not sure.

Tim