[Openstack-operators] Compute nodes reboot periodically by their own

Arne Wiebalck Arne.Wiebalck at cern.ch
Thu Jul 24 15:09:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

Your compute nodes reboot or are shut off?

I am currently looking at some cases where VMs seem to spontaneously shut themselves
off. At least from the nova logs’ perspective there is no difference to a normal shutdown,
VM owners however confirm that they did not touch their VMs. So far I was unable to
explain this.

This is with Havana on a RHEL6 derivative, though.

Cheers,
 Arne

--
Arne Wiebalck