[Openstack-operators] [nova][baremetal] Is it proper to deploy hybrid KVM + baremetal instances under a single OpenStack controller

Michael Dorman mdorman at godaddy.com
Tue Jul 1 17:06:32 UTC 2014

Thanks for posting this.  I watched the talk and am also very interested in this setup.

So did I understand correctly that you're using Ironic, not the old nova bare metal driver?  I thought that using Ironic required using a special Ironic scheduler in nova, which prevented you from running Ironic bare metal nodes AND traditional Vms in the same OpenStack cluster.

Would you be willing to share your configs as a reference architecture for doing this?

Thanks,
Mike