[Openstack-operators] Request for Load data for Keystone

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 21:33:37 UTC 2014

I'm a Keystone core dev.  I often find myself in the position of
thinking about Keystone Performance  without real numbers to back it up.

Can people with "real live clouds" provide some insight?  Here's what
I'd like to know?

How big is your Keystone data set?  How many
users
projects
domains
active tokens

1.  UUID vs PKI tokens?
2.  Apache HTTPD vs Eventlet:

Which do you run?  Do you see performance issues with either?

How many token revocation events are you seeing?  How long is your token
revocation list getting?  Which events dominate (change password, revoke
roles?)

Do you run the SQL token backend?  If so, how often do you clean out the
expired tokens?

Non performance related questions:

Are you using the V3 API?  If not, what is keeping you on V2?
Do you use trusts?  Do you even understand what they provide?
Do you use SSL or Kerberos?  Do you want to, but find something is
keeping you from doing so?

If you have answers to these questions, but feel uncomfortable posting
them publically, please send them to me directly and I will anonymize
the answers.  Don't feel like you need to answer everything if you have
something to contribute in just one topic.

P.S. We know about the shortcomings of the Identity operations (list
users in particular).  Those will be addressed separately.