[Openstack-operators] [grizzly][quantum] Router/DHCP interface OVS port tags not reliably implementing

Édouard Thuleau thuleau at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 21:23:38 UTC 2014

In fact, OVS agent use a local VLAN (lvid) to isolate network
segmentation onto the compute host.
Traffic outgoing the compute host will use other (on all the data
center network fabric) isolation mechanism (VLAN, GRE, VXLAN...).
When Nova adds a port into the 'br-int' switch, OVS agent asks Neutron
plugin controller to know port's details and sets local VLAN of the
port's segment (choose one if it's the first port or set the lvid
already chosen).

Édouard.