[Openstack-operators] anyone using openvswitch 2.0.1 (ubuntu trusty) with GRE tunnels

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Jan 19 22:41:35 UTC 2014

On 20 January 2014 11:24, George Shuklin <george.shuklin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've still has no working production configuration (under construction), but
> I plan to stuck with 1.11, because IMHO after megaflow fix OVS become
> production grade. (And other non-OVS solutions is still under research).

Ack - thanks.

I've gotten 2.0.1 from Ubuntu trusty working by using the kernel
tunnel datapath rather than the dkms package; I'm going to file a bug
in Ubuntu about the weirdness there.

However - bad news - 2.0.1 shows the same problem, but using an
aggressively low MTU on the VM interface 'solves' it - I've filed a
bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1270646 to track that, and
will workaround in the meantime by adding an ip link set mtu 1458 dev
eth0 to our provisioning scripts :(.

With that set, I can pull 10MB from a site 130ms away, which isn't too
shabby, and certainly fast enough to do the workloads we have planned
for this cloud for now.

Cheers,
Rob

--