[Openstack-operators] How to enable vlan network mode for devstack

Aaron Rosen aaronorosen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 08:58:19 UTC 2014

Hi You'll need to set this if you want devstack to also configure the
bridges for you:

    # If using VLANs for tenant networks, or if using flat or VLAN
    # provider networks, set in ``localrc`` to the name of the physical
    # network, and also configure ``OVS_PHYSICAL_BRIDGE`` for the
    # openvswitch agent or ``LB_PHYSICAL_INTERFACE`` for the linuxbridge
    # agent, as described below.
    #
    # Example: ``PHYSICAL_NETWORK=default``
    PHYSICAL_NETWORK=${PHYSICAL_NETWORK:-}

    # With the openvswitch plugin, if using VLANs for tenant networks,
    # or if using flat or VLAN provider networks, set in ``localrc`` to
    # the name of the OVS bridge to use for the physical network. The
    # bridge will be created if it does not already exist, but a
    # physical interface must be manually added to the bridge as a
    # port for external connectivity.
    #
    # Example: ``OVS_PHYSICAL_BRIDGE=br-eth1``
    OVS_PHYSICAL_BRIDGE=${OVS_PHYSICAL_BRIDGE:-}