[Openstack-operators] Putting a hypervisor into maintenance / how to get a list of all instance IDs on a host

Aubrey Wells aubrey at vocalcloud.com
Fri Feb 14 15:31:20 UTC 2014

> Just a thought: I think there should be some sort of scheduling intelligence
> involved with a command like this. Right now, all of the migration and
> evacuation commands work on individual instances being moved to a specified
> compute node.

> Or does this intelligence already exist in OpenStack and I'm just falling
> behind?

The Host parameter is optional, if you omit it, the scheduler chooses a host.

# nova live-migration
usage: nova live-migration [--block-migrate] [--disk-over-commit]
                           <server> [<host>]

(accidentally sent from the wrong email the first time I sent this and
the list rejected it, apologies if you get multiple copies)