[Openstack-operators] Anyone using live-migration?

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Tue Feb 4 07:11:31 UTC 2014

I'm trying to setup live-migration and I'm mostly there.  The instance
and it's network really moves live but nova still thinks it's on the
old server and it sticks in "MIGRATING" state.

This seems to be described in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1227836 but if that's really a
bug then live-migration has not worked on Ubuntu for Grizzly (original
reporter) or Havana (me).

I find this unlikely, but the evidence I've seen so far inclines me to
believe it at this point, though I still hope I'm just doing something
dumb that others on the list can point out to me...

Thanks,
-Jon