[Openstack-operators] Fostering OpenStack Users

James Dempsey jamesd at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Dec 30 21:03:02 UTC 2014

On 31/12/14 04:40, matt wrote:
> There are several fundamental problems in getting your feet wet in
> OpenStack.
>
> First is that OpenStack is expecting to be installed into a rack of
> systems, not one system.  While there are work arounds such as devstack,
> they fail to accurately produce a production environment or even a
> useful facsimile of one.  One of the larger problems for many adopters
> of openstack at least initially is coming to grips with neutron and
> getting it plugged into their existing network environment.  Devstack
> doesn't help you here much at all.

Sorry, I might not have been very precise with my words.  I was talking
about helping people become effective at using OpenStack Clouds, not
building them.  i.e. How do I make sure that people who use my OpenStack
Cloud are able/excited to build great applications there?

I see this as tremendously important, in terms of driving cloud growth.
 If my users aren't abuzz with OpenStack enthusiasm, how will I get more
money for bigger and better toys?

Cheers,
James

--