[Openstack-operators] Ops Monitoring

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Wed Dec 17 21:45:48 UTC 2014

Hi all,

After far too long, I have compiled most of what was discussed at the
previous two Ops Monitoring sessions into this wiki page:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Operations/Monitoring

The wiki page has some action items. The intention is that if anyone wants
to contribute monitoring knowledge to the OpenStack Operators community,
that'd be an excellent place to start.

Further, since it's on the wiki, anyone is more than welcome to add content
-- you don't have to wait for a Meetup session. :)

I think it'd be really cool if one outcome was an actual OpenStack
Monitoring Guide that detailed each OpenStack component, what to monitor on
that component, and examples of how.

I was very close to adding Monitoring to the Working Groups wiki page, but
after reviewing the other groups, I decided not to. From reviewing the
other groups, it's obvious that I would be a horrible person to lead an
official working group. To be frank, I just don't have the time to give it
the attention it would deserve.

With that said, if anyone wants to jump in and lead an official Monitoring
WG, go for it! I'm happy to help where I can, including continuing to
moderate the Ops Meetup sessions and contributing knowledge where and when
I can.

Thanks,
Joe