[Openstack-operators] Packaging sample config versions

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Dec 13 23:27:56 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-14 00:39:41 +0200 (+0200), George Shuklin wrote:
[...]
> debian heavily relies on answers to debconfig, and ubuntu just put
> files in proper places without changing configs. We using chef for
> configuration, so ubuntu approach is better (when we starts doing
> openstack that was on of deciding factors between debian and
> ubuntu).

Those debconf prompts are merely for convenience during interactive
installs. You can preseed them if you like and/or set dpkg to
noninteractive, and still just put config files in place like you do
in Ubuntu. I don't see why that specifically would be a mark against
Debian's OpenStack packages.
--
Jeremy Stanley