[Openstack-operators] Packaging sample config versions

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Dec 13 15:53:14 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-13 23:16:56 +0800 (+0800), Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> Therefore, could you please forward my thought on the meeting,
> which is: python setup.py install/sdist should be running the
> "tools/config/generate_sample.sh -b . -p nova -o etc/nova" thing
> automatically.

I'll be happy to do so. I also think this would be an excellent
solution on which to attempt to standardize (e.g., make sure that
any generated sdist contains auto-compiled sample configuration),
but think we should consider taking it further: embedding the sample
configuration in the developer docs which are auto-built for each
new change merged as well. This would provide a stable location from
which the sample can be referenced without needing to unpack a
tarball or manually rerun the generator.
--
Jeremy Stanley