[Openstack-operators] Announcing the openstack ansible deployment repo

Mark Stillwell marklee at fortawesome.org
Thu Dec 11 16:58:54 UTC 2014

>3) The "all in one repo" design
>
>So, this is actually my only real negative feedback -- and by
>negative I mean constructive not bashing! :)

I have a project that is probably not quite as mature or well documented as
the RackSpace one, but is structured more like what you suggest:

https://github.com/openstack-ansible/

There are individual roles which are intended to be published via ansible
galaxy once the project is a little more mature, and each role can be
configured to deploy either directly onto a remote system or into a
docker container. Each role also includes a Vagrantfile for local testing in
a virtual environment. If you check out the demo deployment
(https://github.com/openstack-ansible/ansible-deployment-openstack-demo) and
run "vagrant up" from within the root directory, then it will check out the
individual roles from github into a subdirectory, and use ansible to
configure a 3-vm networked virtual environment.

I used a fork of the demo deployment to install openstack onto some physical
rack systems for a development project at my work.

--
Mark Stillwell