[Openstack-operators] Announcing the openstack ansible deployment repo

Kevin Carter kevin.carter at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Dec 10 22:16:54 UTC 2014

Hello all,

The RCBOPS team at Rackspace has developed a repository of Ansible roles, playbooks, scripts, and libraries to deploy Openstack inside containers for production use. We’ve been running this deployment for a while now,
and at the last OpenStack summit we discussed moving the repo into Stackforge as a community project. Today, I’m happy to announce that the "os-ansible-deployment" repo is online within Stackforge. This project is a work in progress and we welcome anyone who’s interested in contributing.

This project includes:
  * Ansible playbooks for deployment and orchestration of infrastructure resources.
  * Isolation of services using LXC containers.
  * Software deployed from source using python wheels.

Where to find us:
  * IRC: #openstack-ansible
  * Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/openstack-ansible
  * Meetings: #openstack-ansible IRC channel every Tuesday at 14:30 UTC. (The meeting schedule is not fully formalized and may be subject to change.)
  * Code: https://github.com/stackforge/os-ansible-deployment

Thanks and we hope to see you in the channel.

—

Kevin