[Openstack-operators] Operations project: Packaging

Fischer, Matt matthew.fischer at twcable.com
Mon Dec 1 18:58:52 UTC 2014

I’m +1 with the time and I agree that we should move to the meetings channel as soon as is feasible.

From: Michael Chapman <woppin at gmail.com<mailto:woppin at gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 7:38 AM
To: "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack-operators] Operations project: Packaging

I've started a wiki page here, please feel free to flesh it out with more detail:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Packaging/GenericTooling

Looking at the OpenStack meetings page, the schedule is very packed with Mondays being a little less loaded. How about 1500 UTC on Mondays? This clashes with Satori and Zaqar, which I hope has minimal overlap with our group. The #openstack-operators room would be an appropriate venue, but I think we should move to one of the openstack meeting channels if the first meeting proves useful and there is a desire for more. If we make our first meeting on the 7th of December, that gives us plenty of time to list discussion topics.

Since I'm on the wrong side of the world, would anyone like to volunteer to lead the discussion? I have created an agenda etherpad here, again feel free to add things : https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-operators-meeting-071214-agenda

I'd like to examine each of the tools to see which requirements they don't satisfy, and what the shortest path to getting one that ticks every (reasonable) box might be.

 - Michael