[Openstack-operators] Iperf isn't work between VMs which are placed in other host

Taeheum Na thna at nm.gist.ac.kr
Mon Aug 25 16:23:58 UTC 2014

Hello, I tried to measure network performance BTW VM which connected through GRE tunnel. So, I configured neutron(ML2/GRE).
Then I verified TCP performance between VMs which are placed on same host.
But I could not make Iperf connection BTW VMs (on other host), but ping is ok.
bellow things are current Security group configuration. I think that I allow all traffic which is needed to execute iperf.
+-------------+-----------+---------+-----------+--------------+
| IP Protocol | From Port | To Port | IP Range  | Source Group |
+-------------+-----------+---------+-----------+--------------+
| udp         | 1         | 65535   | 0.0.0.0/0 |              |
| tcp         | 1         | 65535   | 0.0.0.0/0 |              |
| icmp        | -1        | -1      | 0.0.0.0/0 |              |
Do you have any comment?

Regards
Taeheum Na
M.S. candidate of Networked Computing Systems Lab.
School of Information and Communications
GIST (Gwangju Inst. of Sci. and Tech.)
E-mail: thna at nm.gist.ac.kr<mailto:thna at nm.gist.ac.kr>
Phone: +82-10-2238-9424
Office: +82-62-715-2273