[Openstack-operators] Rename VM (was: how can I make a new VM use the project name as sub-domain ?)

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Aug 24 01:43:01 UTC 2014

I would be concerned that doing this would break things in unexpected ways
(for example when we recalculate the path to the instance files on disk).
However, that depends on the version you're running and things like that.

Michael

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Juan José Pavlik Salles <
jjpavlik at gmail.com> wrote:

> If it is extremly necesary you could change it from the DB, but is not an
> API call at all.

>> I don't think there is a rename VM command.  I could not find a rename
>> project command either when I looked in the past.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> On 21 Aug 2014, at 10:35, Alex Leonhardt <aleonhardt.py at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > HI guys,
>> >
>> > any clues what API call I can make to nova-api to rename a VM ?
>> >
>> > Alex

> Pavlik Salles Juan José
> Blog - http://viviendolared.blogspot.com

Rackspace Australia