[Openstack-operators] How can I select host node to create VM?

Taeheum Na thna at nm.gist.ac.kr
Mon Aug 18 03:55:58 UTC 2014

Hello,
When I create instance, I want to choice host node.
I saw that by default, VMs are scheduled by filter scheduler which only consider computing resource.
I want to apply substrate network considered scheduling algorithm on OpenStack.
To do this one, I have to monitor utilization of computing/network resources.
Now, I'm planning to use OpenvSwitch commend to know network situation.

Do you have any comment for me? (monitor/scheduling)

Regards
Taeheum Na
M.S. candidate of Networked Computing Systems Lab.
School of Information and Communications
GIST (Gwangju Inst. of Sci. and Tech.)
E-mail: thna at nm.gist.ac.kr<mailto:thna at nm.gist.ac.kr>
Phone: +82-10-2238-9424
Office: +82-62-715-2273