[Openstack-operators] [openstack][ceilometer] Runing ceilometer standalone on Essex

Marcos Garcia marcos.garcia at enovance.com
Thu Apr 24 17:51:08 UTC 2014

Hi Alejandro

I've asked to some of my colleagues, more experts in the matter than I
am, and it really looks like an Essex version of Nova won't work with
ceilometer, I guess because the lack of event generation from Nova (or
maybe it's in a format that ceilometer cannot understand?). If you don't
have a source of data, you cannot 'read' it from ceilometer, or connect
to other tools like stacktach.

In the meantime, do you have any update or more valid answer from
anyone? I'm particularly interested in your problem, so please keep us
updated.

Regards

On 2014-04-23, 2:39 PM, Alejandro Comisario wrote:
> Anyone!
>

> Alejandro Comisario
> MercadoLibre Cloud Services
> Arias 3751, Piso 7 (C1430CRG)
> Ciudad de Buenos Aires - Argentina
> Cel: +549(11) 15-3770-1857
> Tel : +54(11) 4640-8443
>

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Alejandro Comisario
> <alejandro.comisario at mercadolibre.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> In the company i work for we are running openstack essex into
>> production among other things, and want ceilometer to run "standalone"
>> on the compute node, is there a chance to run ceilometer compute agent
>> and not collector to log on files locally in the compute for me to
>> analyze this data ? for the compute agent to depend no more than nova
>> in the compute itself ? and no other component ?
>>
>> best
>> * alejandrito

*Marcos Garcia
*
Technical Sales Engineer

*PHONE : *(514) -- 907 - 0068 *EMAIL :*marcos.garcia at enovance.com
<mailto:marcos.garcia at enovance.com> - *SKYPE : *enovance-marcos.garcia**
*ADDRESS :*127 St-Pierre -- Montréal (QC) H2Y 2L6, Canada *WEB :
*www.enovance.com <http://www.enovance.com/>