[Openstack-operators] Centos 6.5 cloud image

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Thu Apr 17 12:49:15 UTC 2014

> I didn't found no recent CentOS cloud image to use with openstack.
> Ubuntu provides a lot of up-to-date builds at
> http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/, but CentOS has only Amazon Store.

We use Oz to create our own cloud images.
https://github.com/clalancette/oz

With this we create our "standard image" but we also create images for roles+ of machines
(e.g. an image that is our varnish caching server)
We use this so after a machine is booted it is pretty much ready to run application X.

We also wrote some scripts so it is integrated with Jenkins and our Gerrit/Puppet setup :)

Cheers,
Robert