[Openstack-operators] Multi Host flag in Havana (neutron), central network node is perfect chocking point..

Zeeshan Ali Shah zashah at kth.se
Thu Apr 10 20:08:15 UTC 2014

Hi,
There used to be a --multi_host  flag in nova-network . i.e. to have in-out
traffic from compute itself. I think that was more distributed and
non-choking model .

We run a dedicated neutron node and public network goes in-out from it.
With high traffic app this created a perfect single point of failure . And
yes I have tested it with high traffic load.

I was thinking to run L3 and l2 agent on all compute nodes .

Q1. Does it makes sense ?
2. Has anyone done it ? We are using Havana release.
3 and any suggestion for above ?
--

Regards

Zeeshan Ali Shah