[Openstack-operators] Help on Iptables in Openstack

shiva m anjaneya2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 06:04:34 UTC 2014

Hi Joseph, Razique,

Thank you for response. I tried adding security-groups from dashboard, but
it doesnt help. I was trying to spoof a VM instance with  spoof source MAC
and spoof  source IP, but the  packet is  not reaching br-int. If I  give
proper source MAC  and proper source  IP, the packet reaches br-int and
things work normal. I observed  Openstack stops spoof packets which are
not originating from VM instance before reaching br-int (at tap interface).
I need help to send a spoof  packet from  VM. Is there any way to disable
iptable rules.
Also adding security group rules using command line and using dash-board
are they same?

Thanks,
Shiva