[Openstack-operators] [Grizzly] Multiple l3-agent hosts, single network.

Samuel Winchenbach swinchen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 14:10:08 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have two external network hosts (test1 and test2) both running the l3
agent on the same network (XXX.YYY.0.0/24).  I am using OVS/namespace/gre
networking.  When a neutron/quantum router is set to use the l3-agent on
test1 everything works fine.  If I set the same router to use the l3-agent
on test2 I experience some odd problems:  From within a VM using the router
on test2 I can wget files from http sites but not from https sites.  I have
noticed that the iptables (not within any namespace) are VERY different for
the two servers:

Working l3-agent (test1) iptables: http://paste.openstack.org/show/47695/
Non-working l3-agent (test2) iptables:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/47696/

Notice that the iptables for test1 contain chains for the security groups
such as quantum-openvswi-i435b8f52-6.  I do not see anything like this on
test2.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue?

Thanks!
Sam