[Openstack-operators] Help with novnc proxy

Juan José Pavlik Salles jjpavlik at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 19:53:28 UTC 2013

Hi Abel, this is what i have in my compute nodes:

novncproxy_base_url=http://PUBLIC_DNS_NAME:6080/vnc_auto.html
vncserver_proxyclient_address=PRIVATE_COMPUTE_NODE_IP
vncserver_listen=0.0.0.0

I don't have any special config in the controller node, since the
information is taken from the DB. Try that way and tell me about it.

2013/9/13 Abel Lopez <alopgeek at gmail.com>

> Hello ops,
> I'm following the docs for setting novnc_proxy, and starting to get
> frustrated with the constant "Server disconnected (code: 1006)" message.
>
> I've setup nova.conf on my controller as:
> novncproxy_base_url=http://${public_ip}:6080/vnc_auto.html
> novncproxy_host=${public_ip}
> novncproxy_port=6080
>
> my compute nodes have
> novncproxy_base_url=http://
> ${public_ip_of_the_controller}:6080/vnc_auto.html
> vncserver_listen=${internal ip of this compute node}
> vncserver_proxyclient_address=${internal ip of this compute node}
>
> If I tail the nova-consoleauth.log while attempting to get a console, I
> see the correct internal IP for the compute node, and port for the VM.
> doing tcpdump on that port on the compute node shows nothing.
>
> if I telnet to the internal IP and vnc port, I get
> Escape character is '^]'.
> RFB 003.008
> ^]close
>
> and finally I see packets on the tcpdump.
>
> This is using ubuntu 12.04/grizzly
>
> nova-novncproxy                     1:2013.1.2-0ubuntu1~cloud0
> novnc                               2012.2~20120906+dfsg-0ubuntu4~cloud0
> python-novnc                        2012.2~20120906+dfsg-0ubuntu4~cloud0
>
> Any help or tips would be most appreciated.

Pavlik Salles Juan José