[Openstack-operators] [Identity] v3 API compatibility question for havana

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 17:21:20 UTC 2013

On 10/07/2013 06:28 PM, Alejandro Comisario wrote:
> Hi guys, we have just one question.
> Since we are already traveling our way into deploying havana release
> for early 2014, we were stuck under the deep questioning of the
> identity api v3.X.
>
> Since we are using the access to keystone v2.0 identity api a lot,
> even from lots of in-house developments, we were thinking about
> pushing the use of v3 taking into account that v2 might be
> discontinued in the near future.
> We can do that from our in-house applications, but wanted to make sure
> that v3 API WILL BE supported from all the HAVANA openstack api
> endpoints (nova, glance, neutron, cinder, etc) and their respective
> python-clients just to justify our internal change.

It is there.  Period.

To test, just point a browser or CURL at http://hostname:5000/  one
level above the Auth URL, and you will see a list of the supported
versions.  2.0 and v3 are both there.  A deployer would have to work
hard to unsupport the V3 API, and I would argue that they were making a
mistake.

Please do all future development against V3.  It is the long lived
apporach, and you work will be better supported. There are several
features, such as domains, that are V3 only.