[Openstack-operators] Openstack HA active/passive vs. active/active

Alvise Dorigo alvise.dorigo at pd.infn.it
Tue Nov 26 12:26:28 UTC 2013

Hello,
I've read the documentation about Openstack HA (http://docs.openstack.org/high-availability-guide/content/index.html) and I successfully implemented the active/passive model (with corosync/pacemaker) for the two services Keystone and Glance (MySQL HA is based on Percona-XtraDB multi-master).

I'd like to know from the experts, which one is the best (and possibly why) model for HA, between active/passive and active/active, basing on their usage experience (that is for sure longer than mine).

thanks,

	Alvise