[Openstack-operators] RabbitMQ Cluster

Jacob Godin jacobgodin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 19:32:41 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm working on moving my single RMQ node into a 2-node cluster for
load-balancing and redundancy purposes. Currently following this guide:
http://docs.openstack.org/high-availability-guide/content/_configure_openstack_services_to_use_rabbitmq.html

I have the cluster setup and working, and am now moving onto mirroring the
queues which support it.

The doc recommends that I reset the Rabbit servers since I already have
existing queues. My worry is that this will wipe out messages that may be
important. As far as I know, all necessary data is stored in the DB, so it
shouldn't be a big deal.

Can anyone shed light on this? Is it safe to do?