[Openstack-operators] New compute node, new libvirt_cpu_mode

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 20:47:07 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

If you can identify the Libvirt CPU model that best maps to the lowest common denominator for your cluster (that is includes the CPU flags that are common between the CPUs in your compute nodes) then you can set libvirt_cpu_mode to "custom" and set libvirt_cpu_model to the specific model [1]. This should be Opteron_G3 for the CPU exposed when you used "host-passthrough" in your output.

This will give you better performance than the QEMU baseline CPU and more importantly working live migration but obviously means some of the flags exposed by the newest CPU in the cluster aren't made available to guests.

-Steve

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/LibvirtXMLCPUModel